Thursday, December 24, 2009

Procrastination at its finest!

For those of you that now me pretty well or for any length of time you will probably get a chuckle out of this.

I've always been a pretty darn organized jperson/employee/co-worker. I've got spreadsheets, and spreadsheets for spreadsheets, and am pretty darn put together. Well, before baby boy arrived anyhow - hubby seems to think Parker gained all those brain cells since i tend to forget simple things these days!

Anyhow - in my personal life, i'm not so organized. I do have spreadsheets to keep some stuff organized, but I can't seem to get things done when they are supposed to be done (ie.... laundry, dishes, birthday cards mailed, holiday cards mailed......santa pictures!).

Soooo, today - Yes, TODAY, Christmas Eve, I decide that I have got to get the kids pictures taken with Santa. I have been meaning to do this for weeks now, but had literally just run out of time. Well, lucky for me, I had the day off, so I decided to brave the mall to meet Santa. I got up and at em, got Delainey showered, hair all done, got Parker up and bathed and headed off to the mall. I originally thought Santa wouldn't be available until noon, so my thought (to avoid some of the crazy crowd) was to get there when the mall doors opened, do some last minute shopping, then arrive at Santa's stand about an hour early prepared to stand in line!

I got to the mall at 9:45am (45 minutes after they opened). Found an up front parking spot - you know the one designated for pregnant women or moms with infants.....SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then went in. Walked by the Santa stand and saw folks standing in line already...yikes! I struck up a casual conversation and found out that Santa would be out in 15 minutes!! Talk about AWESOME! We were the third people in line.

Here are the results of our journey to visit Santa....






This santa was GREAT!
Delainey told him what she wants for Christmas (Nintendo DS) and Parker just smiled and acted like a good boy!!

Christmas 2009

1 comment: