Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Parkers preparation & arrival !!!




Hello there!!!
I'm so excited to create this blog/page so that i can post my thoughts and pictures of Parker and our new enlarged family.

He arrived on April 27, 2009 at 4:45pm
He was 8lbs 1 oz // 20 1/2 inches long

It was an exciting journey from the pregnancy to the arrival.

I wont bore everyone with too many details, but the pregnancy was pretty rough for the first 17 weeks with me being sick every day from the moment I woke up til the time I went to sleep. After that it was great. I made it through the remainder of my pregnancy with no complications until the week before I delivered; which is when i stressed myself out and got my blood pressure a little high for a brief time.

I went in to the hospital for a planned induction on the morning of April 27th. When i got all settled in my room, my nurse told me that I would have been seeing them within a few hours that morning if I hadn't been planned because my contractions were already 3 minutes apart..... I was wondering what that constant abdominal pain was!! LOL.

I had a pretty easy labor throughout the day until they tried to sit me up and move things along. I started to feel woozy and turned white. Note to self, don't sit up!!

Anyhow - the actual active labor was really great. I pushed 5 times and 15 minutes later out came my precious little boy with a whole head of hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment